Out with the kale, in with the cauliflower! From roasted and mashed to fried and in pizza crust, cauliflower has become the “it” food in recent years. Puffy and versatile, it’s a trend-setting veggie we just can’t get enough of!
So whether you like it in rice, tossed with garlic, or shaved over salad, get a taste of fun with these easy recipes and join the craze!
Garlic Mashed Cauliflower
- 1 head of cauliflower, cut to florets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 clove of garlic, mashed
- 1 tablespoon cream cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Place a steamer insert into a saucepan and fill with water to just below the bottom of the steamer. Bring water to a boil. Add cauliflower, cover, and steam until tender.
- Heat olive oil in a small skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir garlic until softened, about two minutes. Remove from heat.
- Transfer half the cauliflower to a food processor, cover and blend on high. Add remaining florets until vegetables are creamy. Blend in garlic, Parmesan cheese, cream cheese, salt, and black pepper.
Seasoned Cauliflower Rice
- 1 medium head of cauliflower
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- ½ cup chopped scallions
- ½ cup lime
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Chop cauliflower into large pieces. Place pieces in a food processor and pulse until it has the texture of rice.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 teaspoon of olive oil over medium heat. Add the scallions and cauliflower and sauté until heated through, about three to five minutes. Season with salt, pepper, and a squeeze of lime juice.
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lime zest
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 2 cups torn frisée
- 10 ounces cauliflower florets
- 2 cups 1-inch-wide strips of lettuce
- 2 ounces Parmesan, finely grated, divided
- Whisk lime zest, lime juice, mustard, and honey in a bowl. Gradually add oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add florets, lettuce, frisée, and half of Parmesan and toss; season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer salad to a platter and top with remaining Parmesan.
What’s your favorite recipe? Let us know — leave a comment below. And don’t forget to check out our unique tableware collection for everything you need to serve up your trendy meals!